When it comes to renting, things don`t always go quite to plan. Life sometimes throws up unexpected challenges, and before you know it, the end of your lease is fast approaching. If you`re not quite ready to move out but your current rental agreement is set to expire, you`ll need to look at extending your lease.
Extending your lease can be complicated, so it`s important to make sure you take the right steps to ensure a smooth transition. One of the key things you`ll need to do is to create a sample rental agreement extension. This agreement will outline the terms of your lease extension and ensure you and your landlord are on the same page.
Here are some of the things you should include in your sample rental agreement extension:
1. Basic Information: This should include the names and addresses of both the tenant and the landlord, as well as the address of the rental property. You should also include the start date and duration of the extension.
2. Rent: The rent amount should be clearly stated, including any changes from the previous rental agreement. You should also include the date when the rent is due and any late fees that will be charged.
3. Utilities: It`s important to outline who is responsible for paying the utilities during the lease extension. This could include electricity, gas, water, and internet.
4. Maintenance: The agreement should clearly state who is responsible for maintaining and repairing the property during the lease extension. This could include routine maintenance and repairs, as well as any emergency repairs that may be needed.
5. Termination: You should also include a section outlining the terms for terminating the lease extension. This could include notice requirements, penalties for breaking the lease early, and any other relevant information.
Creating a sample rental agreement extension can be a complex process, so it`s important to get the help of a qualified professional if you`re unsure. By taking the time to carefully outline the terms of your lease extension, you can ensure a stress-free transition and a successful rental experience.